PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR WEBSITE OR MOBILE APP. BY USING OUR WEBSITE OR MOBILE APP YOU CONFIRM YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DON’T AGREE WITH YOU MUST NOT USE OUR WEBSITE OR MOBILE APP.
Information about us
We are Flybe Limited we operate the website www.flybe.com. We are an airline company based at New Walker Hangar, Exeter International Airport, Clyst Honiton, Exeter EX5 2BA. Our registered company number is 02769768. Our VAT number is GB525099439. We are a private company limited by shares. In these terms we refer to ourselves as “We/our/us”. When we talk about “You/your” in these terms we are referring to you, the persons accessing our website/app (including persons who access this website on behalf of other persons).
Terms of website and mobile application use
These terms, and those other terms and documents referred to in it, are the terms which apply to your use of our website www.flybe.com or our mobile app whether you use it as a guest or a registered user.
Other additional terms apply to you including:
There are additional terms which apply if you buy a ticket to fly on one of our operated flights (Our General Conditions of Carriage), when you buy a ticket to fly on one of our franchisee or codeshare flights (the relevant airline general conditions of carriage will apply – available from the relevant airline’s website), when we run competitions or promotions, or additional services we run with other people.
Changes to these terms
We may update and amend our terms and conditions from time to time. We most recently did this on 5th February 2018. Each time you use our website or mobile app, you should check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. We recommend you keep a copy of these terms for future reference. You can print a copy off to keep. Changes will take effect immediately on posting, but we will try to give you reasonable notice of any major revisions.
Changes to our website or mobile app
From time to time we may make changes, updates or improvements to our website or mobile app from time to time to reflect changes to our products, help to meet our users’ needs and our business priorities. We may change the content and such changes can happen without notice. Any content on our website or mobile app may be out-of-date at any time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our website or mobile app or the content will be free from error or omissions.
Accessing our website/app
Our website/app is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our website or mobile app, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website or mobile app is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website/app without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our website/app is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and/or mobile app, and in the material published on it and the underlying software code. All of these works are subject to and/or protected by copyright laws, in some cases registered trademarks, database rights, other registered and unregistered intellectual property rights, and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved to the relevant owner or licensee of those works. You must not use any part of the content on our website or mobile app for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website. If you do so, you must not modify, edit, copy or otherwise use it in any way other than it is shown on our website or mobile app. If doing so you must put our status (and that of any identified contributors) on the content you copy or download so that our status as the authors of content on our website is always acknowledged. Other than this personal use, unless you are otherwise authorised by us you must not copy, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, sell or transfer in whole or part our website or mobile app.
Websites we link to
Where our website or mobile app contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only and we do not endorse them. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked website or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. Your access and use of such websites remains solely at your risk.
Rules about linking to our website or mobile app
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website or app that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, in any nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page unless we authorise you to in writing separate to these terms. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
User generated content
If, and to the extent, our website and/or mobile app includes information and materials uploaded by other users of the site including comments or social media chat or chat room content, any such information and materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about information or materials uploaded by other users please get in touch with our contact centre.
We do not guarantee that our website or mobile app will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our website or mobile app. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our website or mobile app by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website or mobile app, the serves on which our website or mobile app is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website or mobile app. You must not attack our website or mobile app via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website or mobile app will cease immediately.
Use of our website
We give you access to our website or mobile app so that you can access our products, services and do business with us. This use is personal to you. You must not use, provide access to, or permit others to use it commercially, or via any other organisation providing a service to the public.
As per the above, access to our website may be withdrawn, restricted, or amended from time to time without notice to you. By using our website or mobile app you confirm and agree you will not use it:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- in any way that causes or may cause an infringement of the rights of a third party;
- to transmit, post or send any obscene, defamatory or otherwise harmful content or material;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which we have not requested, or that does not meet the requirements we set out.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), any screen scraping or automated algorithms;
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to any of our networks, accounts or information we hold about others;
You also agree:
not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of the provisions of our terms and conditions;
- not to disclose confidential information of any person unless authorised in writing to do so, including our confidential information;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website;
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
Any material contributed to our site and any interactive services we provide including any social media services linked to us must comply with the following standards. You must comply with the letter and the spirit of the following standards. These standards apply to each party of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted;
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine in our discretion whether you have breached these terms and when a breach has occurred we may take such action as we deem appropriate. This may include, but not be limited to:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website, mobile app or other interactive services;
- issue a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Uploading content to our website or mobile app
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our website/app, or to make contact with other users of our website/app, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Use of our website clause and these terms.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. Any content you upload to our website or mobile app will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the website or mobile app a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence). We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website or mobile app constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website or mobile app. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our website or mobile app if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Use of our website clause and these terms.
The views expressed by other users on our website or mobile app do not represent our views or values. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
No reliance on information
The content on our website or mobile app is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website or mobile app.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website or mobile app is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limit of our liability
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability apply to liability arising as result of you buying a ticket to fly on one of our operated flights in which case Our General Conditions of Carriage apply or when you buy a ticket to fly on one of our franchisee or codeshare flights (the relevant airline general conditions of carriage will apply – available from the relevant airline’s website).
If you are a business user:
- all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it are excluded to the extent permitted by law;
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: a) use of, or inability to use, our site; or b) use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for: a) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; b) business interruption; c) loss of anticipated savings; d) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or e) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.