16th April 2019
Flybe Gears Up for Busy Extended Easter Weekend
· Operating 2,317 flights serving 144 routes
· Includes high frequency on key domestic routes
· 158 flights to and from Heathrow
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, is gearing up for a busy six-day Easter holiday period (Thursday 18th April – Tuesday 23rd April 2019 inc) when it will operate a total of 2,317 flights across 144 UK regional and European routes. This includes a record 158 flights into and out of Heathrow airport from where many passengers are taking advantage of the wide choice of onward connections to the rest of the world. Flybe has two new Heathrow services from Guernsey and Newquay, those to and from the Isle of Man which starts on Eater Sunday, 21st April as well as its longer-established services to the UK’s busiest hub airport from Aberdeen and Edinburgh.
Other highlights of Flybe’s 2019 Easter weekend programme:
· The start of a sixth daily frequency between Edinburgh and Heathrow that offers a new early morning departure from London,
· High frequency on many popular domestic routes including:
- 74 flights between Belfast City and Manchester
- 70 flights from the Northern Ireland capital to and from Birmingham
- 68 flights between Birmingham and Edinburgh
- and 66 flights between Birmingham and Glasgow.
Slightly further afield, also popular this Easter are Flybe’s European routes to Amsterdam from Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Southampton; and to Paris Charles de Gaulle from Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Southampton.
Roy Kinnear, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer comments: “We operate to and from 71 regional UK and European airports and so Flybe is in a strong position to meet customers’ needs as they travel far and wide to connect with family and friends. This is one of the busiest travel periods of the year and we look forward to welcoming on board this weekend all those who have chosen to fly with us for their Easter holiday travel.”