FLYBE’S 2016 SUMMER FLIGHTS TAKE OFF WITH EXPANDED SCOTTISH OPTION
Europe’s largest regional airline turns up the heat with 32 summer routes from Scotland including four new routes and total choice of up to 502 flights a week
18th April 2016
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, started operating its 2016 Summer Schedule recently with four brand new routes for Scottish passengers and a total choice of up to 502 flights a week across 32 routes to and from Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness and Dundee airports. One way fares are from £24.99 including taxes and charges and effective for travel between 27th March and 29th October, 2016.
The five new routes include daily flights from Edinburgh to Liverpool, six flights a week between Dundee and Amsterdam; weekly Saturday services to Newquay from Glasgow and Aberdeen during peak summer, and daily flights between Edinburgh and Knock.
Flybe has also increased capacity on key business and leisure services and enhanced onward connections through both its popular Birmingham and Manchester hubs. These offer seamless connections to other Flybe services or onward to an extensive choice of global destinations with Flybe’s codeshare partners when booked through a travel agent.
- 32 routes
- Choice of up to 502 flights a week
- Five brand new summer routes: Aberdeen – Newquay; Edinburgh – Knock; Edinburgh – Liverpool; Glasgow – Newquay; Amsterdam - Dundee
- Added frequency Edinburgh - Jersey on Saturdays
- Double daily Saturday flights Edinburgh-Newquay for peak summer to accommodate Scottish school holidays
- Up to six flights a day between Aberdeen and Manchester
- Up to six flights a day to Belfast City from Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Up to seven flights a day from Edinburgh to London City including enhanced early morning options with two southbound flights and one northbound for business passengers
- Up to five flights a day from Glasgow to Southampton
- Up to six flights a week from Glasgow to Cardiff
- Details of all flights at www.flybe.com with one way fares from £24.99 including taxes and airport charges
Vincent Hodder, Flybe’s Chief Revenue Officer comments: “Time saving, affordable, punctual travel to a wide choice of attractive destinations is what we will be delivering to our Scottish customers this summer. Many of the 32 routes we will be operating are specifically scheduled to attract those looking for reasonably-priced, convenient day returns and short breaks.”
Issued by the Flybe press office:
E: [email protected]
T: 0845 675 0681