FLYBE’S 2016-17 EXPANDED WINTER SCHEDULE ON SALE FOR EARLY BIRD BOOKINGS
Leading regional airline puts 3.1 million seats on early sale for 114 winter routes including brand new service to Berlin and choice of up to 3,000 flights a week
15th March 2016
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, has put 3.1-million early bird seats on sale with the first phase launch of its expanded 2016-17 Winter programme that features a choice of up to 3,000 flights a week on 114 key routes. One way fares are from £17.49 including taxes and charges and can be booked now at www.flybe.com, currently available for travel between 30th October 2016 and 31st January, 2017.
The 2016-17 Winter schedule includes a brand new route between Cardiff and Berlin Tegel airports, as well as 24 other routes which will start operating as part of Flybe’s 2016 Summer programme and will carry through to Winter for the first time. Such routes include those to and from Doncaster Sheffield, four new routes funded under the UK Government’s Regional Air Connectivity Fund (Dundee – Amsterdam; Exeter – Norwich and Southampton – Munich and Lyon), and the airline’s first two intra-European services from Hannover.
Key Highlights of Flybe’s 2016-17 Early Bird Winter schedule
- Up to 3,000 flights a week
- 114 routes including 24 new carried through from 2016 Summer and operating for the first time for winter: Birmingham to Luxemburg, Knock, Nantes and Rotterdam; Doncaster Sheffield to Alicante, Amsterdam, Berlin Tegel, Jersey, Malaga, Newquay, Paris Charles de Gaulle; Dundee to Amsterdam; Edinburgh to Knock; Exeter to Norwich; Manchester to Luxembourg, Lyons, Knock and Toulouse; London City to Paris Charles de Gaulle; Southampton to Lyons, Munich, Paris Charles de Gaulle; Hannover to Lyons and Milan
- Brand new route – Cardiff (CWL) to Berlin (TXL) operating Wed/Sat – one way fares from £34.99 including taxes and chargesSchedule Dep CWL 1020 Arr TXL 1320 Dep TXL 1355 Arr CWL 1505
- Total 16 ski routes
- First winter of E195 jet service serving Newquay from London Gatwick with choice of up to 38 flights a week
- Booking now available for travel between 30th October 2016 and 31st January 2017
- Fares from £17.49 one way including taxes and airport charges
- Full schedule details and bookings at www.flybe.com
To further meet passenger demand, Flybe has also increased the number of flights on many of its most popular routes to and from key airports, highlighted as follows, with improved flight times to accommodate business travellers between:
- ABERDEEN and
Manchester – now operating up to seven flights a day
Birmingham – up to four flights a day
- BIRMINGHAM and
Amsterdam – up to six flights a day
Berlin Tegel – operating twice daily Mon-Fri
- CARDIFF and
Glasgow – increased to twice daily
- EDINBURGH and
London City – up to seven flights a day
- EXETER and
Glasgow – flights increased to daily (exc Sats)
- SOUTHAMPTON and
Amsterdam – up to five flights a day
Flybe’s successful Manchester and Birmingham hubs continue to become increasingly popular with passengers taking advantage of by-passing congested London airports to make more seamless onward connections. Using the hubs as a convenient ‘One Stop to the World’ proposition, this can be either onward with other Flybe regional services or farther afield to an extensive selection of long haul destinations through its various codeshare partners when booked via a travel agent.
Vincent Hodder, Flybe’s Chief Revenue Officer, comments: “Many of our customers have told us they want to plan ahead in order to take advantage of the lowest possible fares so we have ensured that this year we have put the majority of our 2016-17 Winter programme on sale extra early.
“The diversity of our winter destinations is ideal for those wanting to book early, affordable business travel as well as those looking for short leisure breaks especially over the autumn half-term and Christmas/New Year period. To ensure the lowest possible fares, we would advise customers to book their travel for next winter now.”
The remainder of Flybe’s 2016-17 Winter schedule, to include its popular sun routes, will be announced by the beginning of May.
Issued by the Flybe press office:
T: 0845 675 0681
E: [email protected]