FLYBE WINTER 2015-16 SCHEDULE ON SALE
Leading regional airline’s winter schedule features 101 routes, up to 2,583 flights a week and added frequency on popular routes including tripling daily service to Amsterdam from Manchester
10 JUNE 2015
Flybe’s 2015-16 Winter programme is available for booking from today(Wednesday 10thJune 2015) that, with added frequency, two brand new bases at Bournemouth and Cardiff and the re-opening of its Aberdeen operation, offers a comprehensive choice of 101 routes with a choice of up to 2,583 flights a week, currently available for travel between 25th October 2015 and 29th February, 2016. One way fares are from £24.99 including taxes and charges.
In line with passenger demand, Europe’s largest regional airline has increased the number of flights on many of its most popular routes while others have been re-timed for the added convenience of both business and leisure customers. These include increased frequency between London City and Edinburgh with early morning flights taking off both ends of the route, creating a virtual day-long shuttle service between the two cities: increased flights from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Belfast City, and the convenient re-timing of late afternoon flights between London City and Exeter.
Flybe maintains its position at Manchester airport as the largest scheduled airline measured by the number of air traffic movements, with 15 routes for winter. This winter it will also operate more flights to Amsterdam than any of its competitors on this popular route with the tripling of daily flights to six a day. Manchester is an important hub airport for Flybe. Passengers are increasingly taking advantage of by-passing congested London airports to make more convenient, seamless onward connections regionally with Flybe and also to a wide selection of long haul destinations through its various codeshare partners, when bookings are made through a travel agent.
Other highlights of the airline’s winter schedule include the extension of Exeter and Southampton sun routes through to November 1st to accommodate those travelling over the half term holiday; the return of weekly ski routes from Birmingham, Cardiff, Exeter, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Southampton; and routes to regional France operating over Christmas and New Year from Southampton and Manchester.
Key National Highlights
* Up to 2,583 flights a week
* 101 routes
* Daily flights increased on key routes including:
- Up to seven flights a day creating shuttle service between Edinburgh and London City
- Tripling of flights between Manchester and Amsterdam (to six a day)
- Extra daily flights Birmingham – Amsterdam (to six a day), Dusseldorf, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Extra daily flights from Liverpool – Belfast City (to five a day) and Isle of Man (to four a day)
- Increase in daily flights to Belfast City from Edinburgh and Glasgow
* London City to Exeter evening flight re-scheduled to earlier 1725 departure
* Ski routes to Chambery and Geneva from Birmingham, Cardiff, Exeter, Isle of Man, Jersey and Southampton
* Winter sun routes to Alicante and Malaga from Exeter and Southampton extended to November 1st
* Christmas and New Year flights added from Manchester – Nantes; Southampton – Bergerac, La Rochelle, Limoges, Nantes, Rennes,
* Up to 19 return flights a week between London Gatwick and Newquay
* Seats available for booking for travel 25th October 2015 - 29th February, 2016
* Fares from £24.99 one way including taxes and charges - full schedule details and bookings at www.flybe.com
Paul Simmons, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer comments: “We’ve listened and responded to what our passengers want. To better serve the needs of our customers, the diversity and added frequency to our winter routes demonstrates our commitment in providing unrivalled regional connections and onward seamless travel with codeshare partners to the rest of the world.
“Our 2015-16 Winter schedule provides a good selection of choice for those wanting to book affordable business travel as well as those looking for short leisure breaks especially over the autumn half-term and Christmas/New Year period.”
Issued by the Flybe press office:T: 0845 675 0681 E: [email protected]
Notes to Editors:
Flybe, Europe's largest regional airline – 178 routes serving 9 countries from 72 departure points, 37 UK/35 European airports* (all routes on sale May ’15 – Oct ‘15); operates more UK domestic flights than any other airline (UK CAA Apr ’14 – Mar ‘15); named top UK airline for punctuality in report issued by UK consumer watchdog Which? (Dec 2014); is the largest scheduled airline by air traffic movements at Belfast City, Birmingham, Exeter, Inverness, Isle of Man, Jersey, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newquay and Southampton airports (UK CAA Mar ’15); operates fleet of 64 aircraft – 47 Bombardier Q400, 6 Embraer 195 & 11 E175; codeshares with BA, Air France, Etihad, KLM, Finnair, Aer Lingus and Cathay Pacific; has two franchise partners, Loganair and Stobart Air; has own globally recognised Training Academy in Exeter with flight deck and cabin crew simulator facilities, 26 classrooms and 150-seat conference facility.
* Flown under the Flybe brand (27 routes/11 airports exclusively served by Flybe’s franchise partner, Loganair: and four routes and four airports exclusively operated by franchise partner, Stobart Air)