FLYBE BOOST FOR LONDON CITY TO BELFAST CITY SERVICE
28 NOVEMBER 2014
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, has today announced that from 2nd February 2015 it will add an additional winter weekday flight between London City and George Best Belfast City airports, offering a choice of four flights a day due to strong customer demand. Seats are available for booking now at www.flybe.com with one way fares from £39.99 including taxes and charges.
The additional afternoon flights will enhance the service and provide more choice and flexibility for both business and leisure travellers. This is In line with the airline’s commitment to providing unrivalled regional connectivity.
Paul Simmons, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer, comments: “We have been pleased with the strong performance of this route since it started at the end of October. Our passengers know that extremely quick and convenient access to the heart of both Capitals makes complete business sense. Adding an extra daily flight will help even more.”
|New ScheduleBelfast City (BHD) – London City (LCY)|
Additional flights effective for travel 2nd February 2015
|Dep BHD 0655 Arr LCY 0825||Dep LCY 0855 Arr BHD 1030|
|Daily excepting Sat|
|Dep BHD 1340 Arr LCY 1510||Dep LCY 1540 Arr BHD 1715|
|Dep BHD 1455 Arr LCY 1620||Dep LCY 1650 Arr BHD 1820|
|Daily excepting Sats|
|Dep BHD 1740 Arr LCY 1915||Dep LCY 1945 Arr BHD 2120|
Flybe operates a total of seven routes to and from London City offering a choice of up to 234 flights a week.
Issued by the Flybe press office: T: 0845 675 0681 E: [email protected]
- Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline with 170 routes serving 16 countries, operating from a total of 87 departure points, 36 UK and 51 European airports* (all routes on sale Nov ’14 – Sep ‘15)
- Flybe operates more UK domestic flights than any other airline (UK CAA Oct ’13 - Sep ‘14)
- Flybe operates 45 Bombardier Q400, 13 Embraer 195 and 11 Embraer 175 aircraft
- 2012/13 Awards: Amsterdam Schiphol’s Airline of the Year 2012 Europe; Travel Agents’ Choice ‘Airline of the Year UK & Ireland; ‘Best UK Domestic Airline’ Award Northern Ireland Travel and Tourism Awards last two consecutive years
- Flybe was listed on the London Stock Exchange in December 2010
- In August 2011, Flybe jointly acquired Finnish Commuter Airlines (Finncomm) in a 60-40% partnership with Finnair
- Flybe has codeshare agreements with British Airways (since March 2007), Air France (October 2010), Etihad (October 2009), KLM (May 2012) and Finnair (Sep 2014)
- Flybe is the largest scheduled airline, measured by air traffic movements, at Belfast City, Birmingham, Exeter, Inverness, Manchester, Newquay and Southampton airports (UK CAA – Sep ‘14)
- Flybe’s Training Academy in Exeter, costing £11.9-million to construct, was officially opened by Rt. Hon George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer April 2011
- Flybe launched the aviation industry’s first ever eco labelling scheme in 2007
- Flybe signed a landmark franchise Agreement with Loganair, the Scottish regional airline, in January 2008– the first of its kind ever for a low cost carrier: and a franchise agreement with Stobart Air in March 2014.
* Flown under the Flybe brand (of which 26 routes and 13 airports are exclusively served by Flybe’s franchise partner, Loganair; and 6 routes and 5 airports exclusively served by franchise partner, Stobart Air)