Manchester to Hannover
A world hub for industrial technology and digital business, Hannover attracts many thousands of international business travellers each year. Yet it's just as appealing to those wishing to visit Hannover for pleasure, thanks to its rich history and culture, and its inimitable Bavarian beauty unfolding from every corner you turn.
For the latest information on our flight schedules from Manchester (MAN) to Hannover (HAJ), take a look at our Flybe timetable page for this route, and for the return journey, take a look at the Hannover to Manchester page.
Below you'll find tips and guidance about your trip to Hannover, with all the information you need to know, including inspirational things to do and great places to stay and eat. In a hurry? Then use the list below to fast-forward to the information you need.
- Getting to Manchester Airport
- Manchester Airport Departures
- Hannover Airport Arrivals
- Visiting Hannover
- Things to see
- Bars and restaurants
- Getting more from your trip to Hannover
- Doing business in Hannover
Getting to Manchester Airport
Getting to Manchester Airport for your flight to Hannover with Flybe is easy, as the airport is well situated with great transport links from the city centre and plenty of parking available. For full details, visit our Getting to Manchester Airport page.
Manchester Airport Departures
At a glance:
- Short stay and long stay car parking
Book in advance via Flybe.com or book now
- Public transport
Bus, train, coach and tram links to the airport station
- 1 hour of free WiFi throughout
- Bookable Fast Track Security
- Bookable Escape Lounge
- Cafés and restaurants
- Shopping including Duty Free
For more detailed information, visit our dedicated Manchester Airport information page.
Check-in and bag drop at Manchester Airport
If possible, we recommend that you check in online prior to your flight from Manchester to Hannover. However if you are unable to do so, you can check-in and collect your boarding pass at the airport free of charge. Read more about the check-in options available by airport.
Terminal 3 - Facilities before Security
Terminal 3 - Facilities after Security
- Cafés and restaurants
- Escape Lounge
- Duty Free
- Fashion and accessories
- Audio, electrical and music
- Health and beauty
Hannover Airport Arrivals (HAJ)
At a glance:
- 7 miles from city centre20 minutes' drive to city centre in normal traffic
- Public transportBuses run to/from Terminal C. S-Bahn suburban train station located in Terminal C
- Taxi stand
- Car hireBook now through our preferred partners Avis or Budget
- WiFi throughoutFirst 60 minutes free
- Bar and groceries available
In Arrivals area
- Meeting facilities
In adjoining Leonardo Hotel and Maritim Airport Hotel
To find out more, visit our dedicated flights to Hannover page and browse other available routes.
Make the most of even the briefest business trip, lay-over, or night stop with our guide to staying in Hannover, including our recommended hotels, favourite restaurants, and top things to see and do in this beautiful Bavarian city.
Flybe works in partnership with Booking.com to make it even easier for you to find the perfect hotel in Hannover. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, seeking luxury or exploring on a shoestring, there is accommodation in Hannover to suit visitors of every kind.
Things to see in Hannover
While Hannover is a world-class commercial hub, there are plenty of things to see and do in your downtime, or if you're visiting purely for pleasure.
Hannover boasts a rich culture with numerous museums, galleries and theatres. Its status as UNESCO City of Music since 2014 makes for a very lively music scene. Known as Germany's greenest city, it's home to lush gardens, parks and lakes, all waiting to be explored. If you're lucky, your visit may coincide with one of Hannover's best cultural festivals, such as the Marksmen's Fair, the Maschsee Lake Festival, or of course, the fabulous Christmas Markets.
Hannover City HallA magnificent town hall with a diagonal glass elevator to the top dome, unique to Europe, from where you can enjoy unbeatable panoramic views over Hannover.
Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen
Award-winning artistic botanical gardens with glasshouses and grottos, that also plays host to many outdoor events and performances through the year.
A beautiful lake in the heart of Hannover with yachts, canoes and pedal-boats, surrounded by green space with many paths that are perfect for walking or jogging.
Bars and restaurants in Hannover
Being a German city, you won't need to roam far to find a traditional beer pub or bratwurst. The perfect way to catch up with colleagues or spend time with friends.
MarkthalleA large indoor food market with dozens of food and drinks stands to browse, plus many small restaurants, bars and bistros offering informal dining and open until late.
Beef and Reef
A stylish and contemporary restaurant specialising in steak and seafood that also offers a great selection of beers; ideal for a business dinner or evening meal.
Brauhaus Ernst August
The place to go for an authentic German brewpub experience in Hannover! House-brewed beers are served alongside a traditional German menu, and there's live music every day of the week.
Getting more from your trip to Hannover
Make the most of your time in Hannover by indulging in a spot of shopping, meet the locals in one of the city's coolest bars, or even explore beautiful Lower Saxony to discover more about this delightful region. No matter how much time you have to spend in Hannover, you'll find plenty of ways to fill it.
Shopping in Hannover
- You'll find plenty of international shops and local brands in the Pedestrian Zone around the Kropcke Clock
- The Ernst-August-Galerie has more than 150 stores in an ultra-modern mall setting
- Head to Hannover's charming Old Town for more traditional and specialist shops and boutiques
Nightlife in Hannover
- Indulge in a cocktail or two at Oscar's, made by friendly and knowledgeable bartenders
- Wind down with colleagues after a busy day with a German beer at the lively Dublin Inn
- Enjoy an evening out with a difference at the GOP Variete-Theater
Beyond the city
- Make the trip to Wolfsburg to visit the Autostadt and the Car Towers, a must-see for Volkswagen fanatics
- Immerse yourself in 'Old World' charm in the town of Hameln
- Get your adrenaline pumping on the rollercoasters at Heide Park, a theme park in Soltau
Doing Business in Hannover
Hannover is a city fuelled by business and commerce, so you'll find your needs met at every point of your trip. In fact, it's been named one of the top 25 meeting destinations worldwide by Cvent. Whether you need to find a meeting venue to impress or a hotel to comfortably accommodate your colleagues, Hannover has everything you need within easy reach.
Conference venues and meeting facilities
In Hannover it's easy to find the ideal venue for your conference or business meeting, no matter how many delegates are on your guest list. From intimate meetings to annual conferences that sparkle, Hannover has a venue to suit every type of event.
Herrenhausen Palace Conference Centre
- 7 mins drive from Hannover centre, 17 mins drive from the airport
- Public transport links
- Set in the stunning Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen
- Meeting rooms for groups of any size, plus an auditorium and large ballroom
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Expert event planning team
- Parking available close to entrance
Deutsche Messe AG Exhibition Grounds
- 16 mins drive from Hannover centre, 23 mins drive from the airport
- Excellent public transport links including two mass transit rail lines and own railway station
- 26 exhibition halls, including Convention Centre with 23 meeting rooms and halls
- Flexible layouts
- Around 40 restaurants and bistros on-site, plus catering available
- WiFi throughout
- Parking located around the grounds
Maritim Airport Hotel Hannover
- Elegant location adjoining Hannover Airport
- 12 rooms, can accommodate up to 12,000 people
- WiFi throughout
- On-site AV technician
- Business centre
- Bar and restaurant
- On-site parking and shuttle bus available