East Midlands to Edinburgh
There's really no place like Edinburgh. From its steep cobbled streets to the incredible scenery from the turrets of Edinburgh Castle, every corner of this quirky city is bound to charm you. There's a long history to discover in Edinburgh but it's also a thoroughly modern city, with a thriving industry, a vibrant and world-famous culture and arts scene, and an exceptionally good nightlife that cannot be missed! But whether you have an entire evening at your disposal after your flight to Edinburgh from East Midlands, or just a spare hour or two to spend during your Edinburgh business trip, you'll have plenty of ways to make the most of it. However if Edinburgh isn't your final destination after your flight from East Midlands, you're very well-connected at the airport from where you can fly to a host of worldwide locations including Abu Dhabi, Milan, New York, Prague, Toronto and Cancun.
For the latest information on our flight schedules from East Midlands (EMA) to Edinburgh (EDI), take a look at our Flybe timetable page for this route, and for the return journey, see our Edinburgh to East Midlands page.
For tips and guidance about your trip from East Midlands to Edinburgh, see our sections below. In a hurry? Then use the list below to fast-forward to the information you need.
Getting to East Midlands Airport
East Midlands Airport is situated in Castle Donington, just 14 miles from Nottingham and Derby, and 19 miles from Leicester. It is well-connected by public transport as well as being easy to reach by car, and there is plenty of airport parking. To plan your journey to East Midlands Airport for your flight to Edinburgh, visit our Getting to East Midlands Airport page for all the information you need.
East Midlands Airport Departures
At a glance:
- 14 miles from Nottingham and Derby, 19 miles from Leicester
- Short Stay, Long Stay and 'Meet & Greet' car parking
- Book in advance via Flybe.com or book now
- Public transport
- Skylink bus services link the airport to the major nearby cities
- Taxi stand
- Up to 1 hour of free WiFi access
- Cafes and restaurants
- Shopping including newsagents and Duty Free
- Bookable Escape Lounge
Check-in and bag drop at East Midlands Airport
When possible, we recommend that you check-in online before your flight from East Midlands to Edinburgh to save time at the airport. However, if this is not convenient then you can check-in and print your boarding pass at East Midlands Airport, free of charge. Read more about the check-in options available by airport.
Facilities before Security
Facilities after Security
- Cafes, bar and restaurants
- Duty Free
- Health and beauty
- Electrical goods
To find out more, visit our dedicated flights from East Midlands page and browse other available routes.
Edinburgh Airport Arrivals
At a glance:
- 8 miles to Edinburgh city centre
- Under 30 minutes drive in normal traffic
- Public transport
- Buses and trams run to/ from Edinburgh city centre
- Taxi stand
- Car hire
- Book now through our preferred partners Avis or Budget
- Free WiFi throughout the airport
- In Arrivals area
To find out more, visit our dedicated flights to Edinburgh page and browse other available routes.
Whatever your reason for visiting Edinburgh, this delightful city has so much to offer that you'll always wish you were staying for a little longer! To help you make the most of your visit after your flight from East Midlands, below are our tips on the best hotels, attractions, bars and restaurants in Edinburgh so you can plan a memorable trip.
Hotels in Edinburgh
Flybe works in partnership with Booking.com to help you find the perfect hotel in Edinburgh. Whether you're looking for a luxurious boutique hotel just off the Royal Mile, a cosy budget B&B or business traveller-friendly accommodation within easy reach of Edinburgh Airport, there are Edinburgh hotels for every type of traveller.
Things to see in Edinburgh
Edinburgh's culture and arts scene is famous across the world, with thousands of people arriving in the city every summer for its legendary Fringe festival. But no matter what time of year you visit Edinburgh on flights from East Midlands, there's always plenty to see and do - whether you'd like to go beneath the surface of the city to discover its hidden streets, take advantage of its exceptional shopping or just get a taste of the local cuisine (with a drop or two of whisky to wash it down), everyone finds something to love about Edinburgh.
Sitting proudly above the city, on a dormant volcano no less, Edinburgh Castle is unmissable in both senses of the word! A fascinating destination for history lovers, don't forget your camera to capture the views.
Mary King's Close
Strolling down the Royal Mile, you wouldn't guess there's another side of Edinburgh right beneath your feet. Take a guided tour to discover Mary King's Close, a maze of subterranean streets from the 17th century.
Edinburgh Festival Fringe
As the largest arts festival in the world, with thousands of performances over the course of a month, there's something to everyone's taste at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe - from dance, to comedy, to circus!
Bars and restaurants in Edinburgh
Whether you're looking for a fine dining restaurant in Edinburgh to entertain business clients and colleagues, a casual eatery to fill up before your flight back to East Midlands or just a memorable spot for evening drinks, you'll find it all in Edinburgh with an exceptional choice of places to drink and dine.
The Witchery by the Castle
Enjoying an enviable location on the Royal Mile, The Witchery is where to sample Scotland's finest seasonal produce. Each item from the luxurious menu is beautifully presented to complete the experience.
Scotch at the Balmoral Hotel
Don't visit Edinburgh without sampling authentic Scotch whisky - and if you must visit only one whisky bar, make it Scotch at the Balmoral Hotel. Over 500 whiskys are on offer in this elegant and exclusive lounge.
The Elephant House
Harry Potter fans won't want to miss a trip to The Elephant House coffee house and restaurant, to sit in the seat by the window where J.K. Rowling wrote many of her early novels with a view of the Castle.
Getting more from your trip to Edinburgh
Just wandering the cobbled streets of Edinburgh's Old Town is a wonderful way to spend your downtime, but if you'd like to get more from your visit to Edinburgh on flights from East Midlands, you can take advantage of the city's shopping, experience an Edinburgh night out, or even head into the stunning Lothian countryside for a spot of fresh air. For business and leisure travellers alike, Edinburgh is a joy to experience.
- Pick up some authentic Scottish gifts, tartan and kilts from the shops lining the Royal Mile
- Browse the quirky specialist shops and independent boutiques in the Old Town
- For Edinburgh's most luxury shopping including Louis Vuitton and Harvey Nichols, visit Multrees Walk
- Mingle with the locals in the cosy ale pubs of the Old Town, where there's live music every night
- Be dazzled at The Dome, Edinburgh's most elegant and ornate bar, and enjoy a cocktail or two
- Seek out Hoot the Redeemer, a very hidden gem of a bar, for alcoholic ice cream and more!
Beyond the city
- Pack your comfortable shoes and make your way up to Arthur's Seat for the most incredible views
- Go 'Nessie' hunting on a day trip to Loch Ness, and soak up the majesty of the Highlands
- Learn how Scotch whisky is made at Glenkinchie Distillery, with plenty of samples of course!
Doing business in Edinburgh
Business is booming in Edinburgh, with small start-up business and multinational corporations alike taking advantage of the city's excellent amenities, and UK and worldwide links via Edinburgh Airport. If a business trip brings you on flights from East Midlands to Edinburgh, you'll find everything you need to make your trip a success with meeting facilities and conference venues of all sizes to choose from, plus great hotels to accommodate you and plenty of places to enjoy post-meeting drinks!
Conference venues and meeting facilities
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
- Largest 5-star hotel in Edinburgh
- Enviable Edinburgh city centre location
- 14 flexible function rooms to accomodate up to 1000 guests
- 269 guest bedrooms
- Bar, restaurant and catering facilities available
- Dedicated events team on hand
- On-site guest parking
- 8 miles from Edinburgh Airport, 1 mile from Edinburgh Waverley train station
- Adaptable and contemporary space for meetings and conferences
- Edinburgh city centre location by Edinburgh Waverley train station
- Conference and reception facilities for up to 100 people
- AV equipment and WiFi access
- Outdoor private courtyard for socialising
- Dedicated Events Office to plan your event
- 8 miles from Edinburgh Airport
- Atmospheric and historic space located underneath the 18th century South Bridge
- Edinburgh city centre location
- Intimate and atmospheric venue for a conference or business event with up to 110 guests
- AV equipment available
- Dedicated events team to plan and run your event
- In-house catering by a dedicated team of chefs using local produce
- 8 miles from Edinburgh Airport