Automatic Check-in (e-mail)
Checking in for your flight just got a whole lot easier with the brand-new Flybe automatic check-in system, the first in the UK.
When booking a flight with Flybe, eligible passengers will be given the option to register for Flybe’s free automatic check-in. In doing so, all nominated passengers will automatically receive their boarding pass between 36 and 15 hours of their departing flight.
By selecting the automatic e-mail check-in, you will receive an e-mail boarding pass to be printed at your convenience.
How Automatic check-in works:
- When you make a new booking on the Flybe website, you will be given the option to opt for all passengers to receive an email containing a PDF boarding pass.
- You can choose whether you would like for all the boarding passes to be sent to one e-mail address or you can opt for a different e-mail address for each passenger.
- You will be checked in and receive your boarding pass between 36 and 15 hours before departure.
- You will receive all the boarding passes for the passengers to your chosen e-mail address. Simply print a copy and take it with you to the airport.
- If travelling in All In, you will find also enclosed your snack, drink and executive lounge voucher for access to a Flybe lounge.
- If you are travelling with luggage, once you get to the airport you must check your hold luggage either via the baggage drop or the check-in desk.
- If you are travelling with hand baggage only, you can proceed straight to the security checkpoint and use your self-printed boarding pass.
- Important!Please print your boarding pass and vouchers if applicable and bring these with you to the airport, along with a valid form of identification. If you are travelling outside the UK a valid passport is required.
IMPORTANT! Please make sure that you arrive at your departure airport in plenty of time to board your flight, taking into consideration the time that you need to allow to go through security and/or are travelling with baggage requiring tagging and acceptance for the flight: airport security checks and for what, at larger airports, may also be a long walk to the actual boarding gate.Please review check-in times prior to travel.
At which airports is Automatic check-in available:
There are a wide number of airports where automatic check-in is offered, please refer to the list of airport check-in options for full details.
Boarding the aircraft
- Please have your Boarding Pass, photographic ID or and passport (plus any other travel documents like visas etc.) readily available when boarding at the gate.
- You will also need to show your boarding pass to the cabin crew again when you board the aircraft.
- If you arrive at the boarding gate after the gate has closed, you will not be able to board the flight.
Terms & Conditions for automatic check-in:
- Available for a new booking only for travel from Tuesday 11th December 2012 at 9am.
- Automatic check-in is available to passengers travelling on an e-ticket on selected routes.
- Passengers travelling with hand baggage should ensure that it meets size and weight requirements and does not contain any sharp objects or restricted items.
- Any passengers with hold baggage should report to the bag drop desk.
- Boarding and gate information may change. Please check the flight information screens in the departure lounge for confirmed boarding and gate information.
- Passengers must report to the boarding gate no later than 15 minutes prior to departure. Failure to be at the boarding gate on time will result in your booking been cancelled and bags being offloaded.
- All passengers using automatic check-in must present valid photographic identification or a valid passport for international routes which will be checked at the boarding gate. Any passenger without appropriate identification will be refused travel.
- Unaccompanied minors, children and infants may not use automatic check-in.
- Any passenger requiring assistance should make themselves known to staff at the bag drop desk no later than one hour prior to departure.
- Passengers should be aware that once they have been issued with an e-mail boarding pass and subsequently make a change to their reservation will be required to re-check-in at a Flybe check-in desk upon arrival at the airport to obtain their new boarding pass.
*Please note Flybe do not charge for airport check-in