WELCOME TO WORK EXPERIENCE AT FLYBE - 2018
Working in the airline industry isn’t just about being pilots, cabin crew or engineers. There are numerous departments who work behind the scenes to keep our fleet of aircraft flying day after day. The Flybe Work Experience Programme offers UK students in full time education (aged 14-18 years) a fascinating insight into these areas – it is not what you would expect!
Placements will run from Monday to Friday (usually 09.00-17.00) and are based in Exeter. The weeks available are 2nd – 6th July or 9th – 13th July.
PLEASE CHECK WHICH WEEK(S) YOUR CHOSEN DEPARTMENT IS OFFERING AND ONLY APPLY FOR ONE AREA.
How to apply
First you need to choose the business area that most interests you from the selection above. Each of the placements will have fixed dates for the interviews. Please ensure that you are available on these dates as these cannot be changed (for students living further away than London, we can arrange an interview by Skype but it will be on the same interview date). Once you have chosen the area where you would like to work, please fill in the application form below (hyperlinked) and send it to [email protected]. We will assess all applications and, if you are successful, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Please note that the application process is open from mid-December 2017 until 31st January 2018. AFTER THIS DATE APPLICATIONS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
Helpful hints on completing the application;
- Please either complete your application form electronically or scan it in and email if hand written.
- Answer all the questions by referring to the role profile and don’t include anything that you cannot back up at interview.
- Take a few days to complete the form rather than doing it all in one go.
- Be positive and enthusiastic and research the company.
- Tell us about your experience and interests and how these fit with your chosen area.
- Whilst you can ask for advice from friends/relatives/teachers, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE APPLICATION YOURSELF.