|What's included in your ticket?||Just Fly||Get More||All In|
|1 item of hold luggage (23kg)||✔|
|2 items of hold luggage (combined weight up to 46kg)||✔|
|Extras (fee applies)|
|Small (1 item up to 15kg)||£|
|Standard (1 item up to 23kg)||£|
|2 items of hold luggage (combined weight up to 46kg)||£||£|
Note: There may be some variations to your hold luggage allowance depending on your routing or the operator of your flight. Please check below for further information
Adding hold luggage to your booking
You can add hold luggage to a booking either:
- Online, up to 2 hours prior to departure by retrieving your reservation through our manage my booking online tool
- via the Customer Call Centre - up to 4 hours prior to the flight departure
- Please Note: It is not possible to purchase additional hold baggage if you have already checked in for your flight. Additional bags will need to be added and paid for at the airport
Hold luggage allowance for Flybe, Stobart Air, Eastern Airways and Blue Islands operated flights
Hold luggage for Just Fly customers
At times you may only wish to carry a cabin bag so your Just Fly ticket does not include hold luggage; however for the times you wish to, it still offers you the flexibility to add a bag during the booking, before you travel and at the airport. Adding your hold luggage online is cheaper than purchasing hold luggage at the airport, so enjoy peace of mind and greater savings by pre-booking your hold luggage in advance.
Please note that on flights operated by Stobart Air, the maximum permitted size for an item of hold luggage is 53cm x 55cm x 127cm.
As hold luggage needs vary depending on the reason, destination and duration of travel, we offer you even more flexibility with four hold luggage options to choose from online:
For those occasions when you wish to carry just the essentials, our small option allows you to carry one item of hold luggage weighing up to 15kg.
Because we know that at times a small item of hold luggage may not be enough, if you choose the Extra kilos option you may carry one item of hold luggage weighing up to 23kg.
Two items of hold luggage up to 46kg
Our best value for money option. Perfect when visiting friends and family, a longer holiday, enjoying your second home, cruise travellers or just because choosing only a couple of outfits just won’t do! Our largest hold luggage allowance enables you to carry 2 items of hold luggage up to a combined total weight of 46kg.
Hold luggage for Get More customers
By choosing Get More you opt for peace of mind, with a standard 23kg hold luggage included in your ticket. Should you wish to carry a bit more you still have the option to increase your hold luggage allowance online to 46kg for a fee.
Hold luggage for All In customers
One of the many benefits of travelling in All In is the ability to carry two items of hold luggage up to a combined weight of 46kg, free of charge. So whatever the reason for your travel, you will be able to pack all of those extras in the knowledge that will be enjoying our most generous luggage allowance.
Note: Hold bags may only be purchased for the whole journey. View full details of our hold luggage charges.
We appreciate that for students living away from home or commuting weekly a generous hold luggage allowance is important and for this reason we have introduced a special hold luggage deal for students offering you 46kg for the price of only 23kg!
This is currently available to all in possession of a valid student ID. With the student hold luggage deal, by simply purchasing a 23kg hold luggage or a Get More ticket where this is included in the price, we will double your allowance for free. On the day of the flight, you can check-in 46kg of hold baggage for the price of 23kg (separated into 2 bags of no more than 23kg each).
To benefit from this special offer, passengers should book a Standard item of hold luggage during the booking process or a Get More ticket where a 23kg item of hold luggage is included in the price, or via the call centre at our standard hold luggage rate (which vary by channel). At the Bag Drop you will need to produce a valid form of student ID, at which point you will be able to check-in 2 bags up to 46kg with no additional cost.
Should you prefer not to book online, you will still be able to benefit from this deal by purchasing a standard 23kg item of hold luggage at the airport at the applicable fees and on presentation of a valid student ID, you will be able to carry 2 items of hold luggage up to 46kg.
Valid student ID must be:
- Officially produced (EG laminated or a plastic card)
- Valid on the date of travel
- Showing that the passenger is in full time education
- A letter from the learning institution confirming student status
The student must be the passenger travelling – you cannot bring a student ID to claim this discount for other passengers. Passengers travelling in luggage exempt classes cannot access this promotion. Passengers travelling on multi-sector bookings will receive this benefit on all sectors.
Flybe Smart Bag Restrictions*
In line with IATA guidelines, there will be restrictions on smart bags as checked-in or carry-on baggage on all Flybe flights as follows:
For cabin baggage:
- Smart bags are allowed in the cabin if the battery is removed by the passenger and the bag is within the cabin baggage size and weight limits.
- If the battery is not removable, the smart bag can’t be carried on a Flybe flight.
For checked baggage:
- Smart bags are allowed in checked baggage if the battery is removed and carried in the cabin with terminals protected.
- If the smart bag exceeds the cabin baggage size/weight limitations for the route, and the battery is not removable, then the smart bag can’t be carried on a Flybe flight.
*This restriction still applies to Flybe flights even if you’re connecting to/from an airline that accepts them.
What is a smart bag?
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), a smart bag may include features such as:
- Lithium ion battery and motor allowing it to be used as a personal transportation device, either as a stand-up scooter or sit-on vehicle. These devices do not meet the criteria of a mobility device
- Lithium ion battery power bank that allows charging of other electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops
- GPS tracking devices with or without GSM capability
- Bluetooth, RFID and Wi-Fi capability
- Electronic baggage tags
- Electronic lock(s)
- Lithium ion battery, motor and tracking device (GPS) allowing the bag to self-propel and “follow” the owner