Visual and hearing impairments
If you require assistance through the airport we can arrange for a member of the airport team to assist by contacting us at least 48 hours before for your journey. We can also make arrangements for you to travel with a recognised Assistance Dog at no additional cost. We accept recognised Assistance Dogs on all domestic routes and we are now able to offer the Pet Travel Scheme to and from a number of European destinations.
The pet travel scheme (PETS)
Taking your Recognised Assistance Dog on International Flights
We are working towards obtaining approval to carry recognised Assistance Dogs on all of our international flights. We can currently accept recognised Assistance Dogs on international routes from the following UK airports:
- London Southend
Pet Travel Scheme – A brief guide
In order for a recognised Assistance Dog to travel on an international flight, it must satisfy the below criteria:
- The dog must be recognised as an Assistance Dog, having been trained by an organisation that is a member or associate of Assistance Dogs International (ADI) or the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF)
- The dog must hold a Pet Passport and be micro chipped
- The dog must have been vaccinated against rabies and have had a blood test to show that the immunisation has been effective
- A veterinarian must administer tick and tapeworm treatments a minimum of 24-48 hours prior to travel
- The owner should utilise a suitable harness to restrain the dog, which is then attached to the owner’s seat belt for take-off, landing and during turbulence. The Guide Dogs issue guiding harness, the white one with a handle and reflective strips on it, is not designed to be a restraining harness. We do advise guide dog owners that the harness to be used in the cabin is the type bought from pet suppliers which is usually used to restrain a dog in a car
- The owner will be liable for all costs incurred should the dog fail to meet the requirements of the Pet Travel Scheme
We offer a call back service if you are unable to contact us by email, please provide your telephone number including the area code to the staff member who takes your call.
Contact us at least 48hrs before you travel to register your requirements or to make an enquiry.
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 3080812
08:00 to 18:30 Monday to Friday
08:00 to 16:00 Saturday
10:00 to 18:00 Sunday and Bank Holidays
Email: [email protected]
If you wish to contact us for any other reason please click here.