On December 3 2014, the UK Chancellor, George Osborne announced that UK Air Passenger Duty (APD):
- Has been abolished for children aged 2 or over, but under 12, for flights departing from UK airports from 1st May 2015.
- Has been abolished for children aged 2 or over, but under 16, for flights departing from UK airports from 1st March 2016.
UK Air Passenger Duty changes for under 12s.
Flybe can confirm that we will be refunding APD charges for any child (children) with a booking on or after the 1st May 2015 departing from a UK airport. Customers can expect a refund within 28 days of completing their request.
You will be entitled to a refund if the child or children on the booking are:
- Travelling on or after 1st May 2015 and departing from a UK airport.
- Over 2 years old on the date of the flight.
- Under 12 years old on the date of the flight.
Bookings made with Flybe since the 12th December 2014 will not have been charged any APD Tax for children under 12 years old.
UK Air Passenger Duty changes for under 16’s.
As of 1 March 2016, passengers aged 12 to 15 travelling economy from the UK will no longer pay Air Passenger Duty (APD).
All bookings made on flybe.com, our mobile app or via our contact centre for travel from 1st March 2016 will not be charged APD tax for teenagers under 16 years old.
- The following departure airports are already exempt from APD :
- Benbecula, Barra, Campbeltown, Guernsey, Islay, Inverness, Jersey, Kirkwall, Sumburgh, Stornoway, Tiree and Wick
- The following routes are already exempt from APD:
- London Stansted - Dundee
- London Gatwick - Newquay
What should I do if I have already made a booking directly with Flybe?
If you meet the check list above we ask that you fill out our APD claim form below. Please have your booking reference number, passenger details and the date of birth of the child/children travelling. We will process your refund within 28 days of receipt to the card used to make the original booking.
What should I do if I have already made a booking with a third party?
Please contact the third party you made the booking with and they will contact our refunds team directly through their normal channels.