Aberdeen to Southampton
As the home port to the HMS Titanic, Southampton's shipbuilding history is long and famous across the world, and its port still remains a prestigious location in the maritime industry today. The Port of Southampton serves as a terminal for several major cruise companies including P&O and Cunard, as well as being the UK's busiest container port. However, there's much more to Southampton than its industry - thanks to its exceptional connections to the rest of the world it has a uniquely rich and dynamic culture and arts scene, as well as outstanding restaurants, bars and shopping. Whether you're taking flights from Aberdeen to Southampton for business, leisure or to hop on a cruise, there's plenty to discover in this cosmopolitan coastal city.
For the latest information on our flight schedules from Aberdeen (ABD) to Southampton (SOU), take a look at our Flybe timetable page for this route, and for the return journey, take a look at the Southampton to Aberdeen page.
For tips and guidance about your trip from Aberdeen to Southampton, see our sections below. In a hurry? Then use the list below to fast-forward to the information you need.
- Getting to Aberdeen Airport
- Aberdeen Airport Departures
- Southampton Airport Arrivals
- Visiting Southampton
- Things to see
- Bars and restaurants
- Getting more from your trip to Southampton
- Doing business in Southampton
Getting to Aberdeen Airport (ABD)
With good public transport links but also plenty of short stay and long stay car parking, getting to Aberdeen Airport for your flight to Southampton is simple. For full details, visit our Getting to Aberdeen Airport page.
Aberdeen Airport Departures
At a glance:
- Short stay and long stay parking
- Book in advance via Flybe.com or book now
- Public transport
- Bus and train links to the airport from Aberdeen city centre
- Free WiFi throughout the airport
- Bookable Priority Security Access
- Bookable Swissport Lounge
- Cafés and restaurants
- Shopping including Duty Free
For more information, visit our dedicated Aberdeen Airport information page.
Check in and bag drop at Aberdeen Airport
To save time ahead of your flight from Aberdeen to Southampton, we recommend that you check-in online and print your boarding pass before heading to the airport. However, if this isn't possible you can check-in and print your boarding pass at the airport, free of charge. Read more about the check-in options available by airport.
Terminal facilities before Security
- Cafe and restaurants
- Newsagents and bureau de change
Terminal facilities after Security
- Cafes, bars and restaurants
- Swissport Lounge
- Duty Free
- Health and beauty
- Audio and electrical
Southampton Airport Arrivals (SOU)
At a glance:
- 4 miles from city centre
10 minutes' drive without traffic
- Public transport
Buses run to/from the airport and adjacent train station.
Southampton Airport train station is less than a minute's walk from the terminal
- Taxi stand
- Car hire
- Book now through our preferred partners Avis or Budget
- Up to 4 hours of free WiFi available
- Restaurant and café
- In the main terminal
- Duty Free, newsagents and bureau de change
- In the main terminal
To find out more, visit our dedicated flights to Southampton page and browse other available routes.
A vibrant and culturally diverse city, you'll find plenty of ways to spend your downtime after you arrive on flights from Aberdeen to Southampton - whether you're visiting friends and family for a weekend, spending the night before boarding your cruise or have a spare hour between business meetings. Read on for our best tips on where to stay in Southampton, as well as the city's must-see sights, top restaurants and how to get more from your trip.
Whether you're visiting Southampton on a strict business budget or would like to stay in style before embarking on your cruise, you'll find plenty of accommodation to choose from in the city within easy reach of Southampton Airport. Flybe works in partnership with Booking.com to make it easy for you to find hotels in Southampton, whatever your budget.
Things to see in Southampton
Immensely proud of its shipbuilding heritage, you'll see many monuments and museums in Southampton city centre that pay tribute to and tell its fascinating maritime story. Its side streets and town walls are also worth exploring at your leisure, as you'll come across many Medieval gems that take you on a trip even further back through its history.
However Southampton is far from stuck in the past, with impressive modern architecture as well as several contemporary arts venues, plus a great restaurant scene and buzzing nightlife with something to everyone's taste! Here are just some of our favourite things to see and do in Southampton.
Discover the story of the Titanic, and those who sailed on it at the innovative and interactive SeaCity Museum, which includes artefacts from the ship and replicas of actual rooms on the boat.
This Grade II listed theatre plays host to a diverse range of shows, including West End musicals, and at the Ovation restaurant you can enjoy a delicious pre-theatre dinner with a seasonally inspired menu.
Tudor House and Garden
Visit this recently and sympthetically restored 900 year old building in the heart of Southampton's Old Town, and explore its beautiful gardens.
Bars and restaurants in Southampton
From an business lunch with clients and colleagues to a special celebration with a view of the harbour to boot, or just a quick bite to eat before your flight back to Aberdeen, you'll find plenty of great restaurants in Southampton to tempt you.
Not only boasting a stunning view over the water, Quay FIFTEEN takes a relaxed approached to fine dining with a menu of locally-sourced seafood and ingredients. Perfect for a lunch or dinner to impress.
Share a fabulous meal at Enoteca, Southampton's innovative Italian-inspired restaurant serving up sharing plates and charcuterie, with ingredients imported from Italy for the most authentic flavours.
If a relaxed dinner with friends is on the cards, tuck into big, tasty burgers and pub comfort food favourites at The Rockstone. There's also an excellent beer selection with which to wash it all down.
Getting more from your trip to Southampton
Make the most of every minute you have to spend in Southampton, whether you have an entire evening to spend at your leisure, an afternoon to hit the shops or just an hour ahead of your onward journey. Here are our tips to help you get the most from your trip after arriving on flights from Aberdeen to Southampton, including where to find the best nightlife and shopping, and interesting things to do beyond the city centre.
Shopping in Southampton
- At WestQuay shopping centre you'll find all your favourite high street shops, plus great restaurants
- For independent shops and intriguing boutiques, take a stroll around Bedford Place
- Queensway and East Street offer yet more high street shopping and department stores
- The Butcher's Hook is a cosy and welcoming little pub with an excellent choice of real ales and beers
- Enjoy a totally unique cocktail experience at Bring & Mix - you bring the drinks and they mix them!
- Overdraft Craft Ale Bar offers an exceptional selection of craft ales in a cool industrial style setting
Beyond the city
- The New Forest is one of the UK's most outstanding areas of natural beauty - the perfect picnic spot
- Hop onto the Red Funnel ferry and discover the Isle of Wight, just one hour away
- Gin lovers won't want to miss a day trip to the Bombay Sapphire Distillery - samples included!
Doing business in Southampton
The Port of Southampton is the UK's foremost vehicle handling port, its most productive container port and not forgetting the cruise capital, so industry here is thriving and business travellers are exceptionally well accommodated for. Whether you need a stylish hotel to accommodate yourself and colleagues, a meeting room for a team catch-up or a large conference venue with a difference, you'll find everything you need to make your business trip a success after arriving on flights from Aberdeen to Southampton with Flybe.
Conference venues and meeting facilities
From intimate meeting facilities to dazzling event spaces for your annual corporate conference or awards ceremony, Southampton has a venue to fit your businesses' needs. Below is a selection of our recommended business facilities in Southampton, within easy reach of Southampton Airport.
- Multi-purpose contemporary venue at an iconic international cricket ground
- 9 meeting rooms to accommodate up to 250 delegates
- Professional events team to manage your event
- Over 170 bedrooms
- Outdoor exhibition space
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- 4 miles from Southampton Airport
Blue Funnel Cruises
- Private charter boat, available as a static venue in Ocean Village Marina or for a cruise around the area
- Excellent public transport links
- Flexible event spaces to accommodate up to 140 people
- Refreshment packages available
- AV technology and display equipment available
- Paid parking available at the marina
- 20 minutes from Southampton Airport
Beaulieu National Motor Museum
- Unique venue at one of England's top attractions in the heart of the picturesque New Forest
- 5 conference rooms to accommodate up to 1000 people
- Outdoor exhibition space
- 6 private dining rooms
- WiFi available in Lecture Theatre
- State-of-the-art AV equipment
- On-site restaurant and catering
- Free parking
- 40 minutes from Southampton Airport