Snow and Ice Insurance
- Flybe insurance
- Snow and Ice Cover
Flybe, the UK's Number One Domestic Airline, has become the first airline to offer you the opportunity to buy a Snow and Ice Insurance cover underwritten by travel insurance partner, AIG.
Standard travel insurance policies will cover you for travel delay, missed departure and abandoning your trip if your public transport fails due to poor weather and prevents you from travelling, but nothing currently covers you if the vehicle in which you were due to travel is prevented from making the journey due to snow and ice or if road closures due to snow and ice prevent you from reaching your departure point to commence your journey.
When will I be covered?
For the duration of your trip, irrespective of the date you are travelling.
What will I be covered for?
Should your travel plans be disrupted due to snow and ice, your insurance will cover you in the following events:
- Cancellation due to snow and ice (up to £3,000 per person)
- If the vehicle in which you were due to travel is prevented from making the journey or
- If road closures prevent you from reaching the departure point to commence your journey or
- Your departure by aircraft, sea vessel, coach or train is delayed for more than 12 hours.
- Additional expenses if you are stranded at the point of departure in the UK (up to £100 per person)
- Additional costs to reach your destination if you decide to go on your trip (up to £200 per person)
- Additional expenses if you are stranded on your return journey home (up to £750 per person)
- Additional travel expenses to get home (up to £2,000 per person)
- Additional car parking, kennel and cattery fees (up to £250)
How can I book it?
Flybe's innovative Snow and Ice insurance policy will be available at the time of booking as a stand alone product or in conjunction with any of its other existing travel insurance offerings. Customers should read their existing travel policies to see what cover they may have in relation to snow and ice. The stand alone Snow and Ice policy does not replace your normal travel insurance, it is an additional policy.
Just book your flights now and you will be presented with your insurance options as you progress through the booking.
Flybe's Snow and Ice Policy is available to all UK residents, those of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man with online bookings made with immediate effect at flybe.com. No age limit applies to the stand alone Snow and Ice Insurance Cover. An age limit of 64 applies to customers purchasing the full Flybe travel insurance cover
* Passengers wishing to claim will need to provide evidence their costs are not refundable from any other source and may be asked to provide an official letter confirming the cause of the delay and how long the delay lasted.