Flybe, Europe’s largest independent regional airline, starts flying its 2013/14 Winter programme this Sunday (27th October) with the schedule operating through to 30th March 2014, offering travellers a choice of up to 2,591 flights a week on 108 routes that include seven which are brand new.
There are six new ski routes namely four from Cardiff, another from Inverness to Geneva and, for the first time, to Grenoble from Southampton; and a four times a week service between Birmingham and Knock. Other highlights of the winter schedule include increased flights on a number of Flybe’s other popular ski routes from Birmingham and Southampton and, in response to passenger demand, more frequency on all four of its winter sun routes from Exeter and Southampton.
The airline’s successful Manchester hub enters its second winter season with passengers increasingly taking advantage of by-passing congested London airports to make more convenient, seamless onward connections regionally with Flybe and also to a wide selection of long haul destinations through its various codeshare partners for bookings made through a travel agent.
Key Facts Flybe’s 2013-14 Winter Schedule
- 7 new routes namely Birmingham-Knock; plus six ski routes – Cardiff to Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble and Lyons; Inverness to Geneva and Southampton/Grenoble
- Choice of up to 2,591 flights a week on 108 routes
- 17 ski routes from UK to Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Lyons and Salzburg that includes twice weekly flights to Chambery from Birmingham (extra Sunday flight added), East Midlands, Exeter and Southampton (extra Mon/Fri flights added); to Geneva from Exeter, Inverness (new), Isle of Man, Jersey and Southampton (new choice of up to nine flights a week); weekly to Salzburg from Southampton and six brand new routes as detailed above
- Four winter sun routes to Alicante and Malaga from both Exeter and Southampton
- 7 routes serving London Gatwick with choice of up to 328 flights a week to and from Belfast City, Guernsey, Inverness, Isle of Man, Jersey, Newcastle and Newquay
- Fares from £19.99 one way including taxes and airport charges
- Bookings at www.flybe.com
Flybe’s Director of Marketing, Simon Lilley comments: “We remain ever mindful of the need to provide value for money travel. Our expanded winter schedule sees us delivering further on Flybe’s commitment to providing travellers with convenient, efficient and low cost travel from their doorsteps, this year to an even wider range of leisure destinations across the UK and Europe. Our four new direct ski routes from Cardiff offer a choice of affordable and particularly attractive ski destinations direct from Wales, saving people valuable time, money and especially the hassle of having to trek to England before they even start their journey.”
In addition, the start of Flybe’s 2013-14 Winter programme also marks the fifth anniversary of its franchise agreement with Loganair, Flybe’s ‘one-stop’ through-booking service dovetailing with Loganair’s schedule since 2008 has opened up a vast selection of new routes for passengers particularly to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. As an example, travellers can fly all the way from Southampton to Wick with just one online transaction, removing the need to make separate bookings.