In a positive move that will ensure continuity of air travel for East Midlands’ travellers, Flybe has unveiled details of its expanded schedule at East Midlands Airport with the news that it will be doubling its weekday flights to George Best Belfast City Airport to four a day, adding further jet capacity to its Birmingham to Belfast City schedule and providing a special offer for passengers wishing to book on a key selection of other soon-to-be-stopped BMI Baby routes.
Flybe’s plans to operate additional flights from East Midlands to Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Jersey from October announced earlier this week are being expedited to operate from early summer. This will provide continuation of services to Midlands’ flyers following the surprise news that bmibaby will now be stopping services to all but Jersey in just six weeks.
Flybe is now working on plans to start flying to Scotland and the two European hubs from early summer providing ongoing services to Midlands travellers. Until these flights are on sale, Flybe is providing a special offer over the next few days for passengers needing to book flights to Scotland. Flybe is offering those wishing to travel to either Edinburgh or Glasgow through to March 30th, 2013 the opportunity to book on its flights from Birmingham at www.flybe.com and then change their bookings free of charge to an equivalent East Midlands departure once the routes are on sale in the coming days. See terms and conditions below.
Andrew Strong, Flybe UK MD, comments: “We have been surprised at bmibaby’s decision to close some of its routes within just six weeks time and as a result we are doing everything we can to work with our airport partners in ensuring that those passengers wanting to travel from East Midlands Airport are not left stranded.
“We realise that many passengers rely on East Midlands for their regional and European travel. We are therefore pleased that we can offer them continuity of service with increased weekday frequency on our Belfast City service and that our flexible special offer over the next few days will facilitate urgent bookings to take place with due peace of mind.”
Adds Mr Strong: “Flybe has long had a desire to bring to the East Midlands the specialist long term and stable regional air services that we have brought to virtually every major UK regional airport over the last 25 years. We are confident that the measures we have taken today should ensure that passengers experience little or no service disruption on what are crucially important links for the East Midlands economy.”
Terms and conditions:
- Available for bookings for travel up to 30th March 2013 made from Friday 04th May until East Midlands flights will be available
- Available for bookings on Birmingham to Edinburgh or Glasgow and/or vice versa
- Changes must be made within 2 weeks of East Midlands flights going on sale
- Itinerary change fee and fare difference will be waived for the first change only; standard fees will apply to any subsequent changes
- Changes can be made to one or both sectors in the booking (for example: Outbound changed: East Midlands-Glasgow and Inbound original flight retained: Glasgow-Birmingham)
- Changes can be made to multi sector bookings (for example: Jersey- Birmingham- Edinburgh to Jersey-East Midlands-Edinburgh)
- Changes can be made for one or more passengers in the booking
- Changes can only be made to the same type of ticket originally purchased (Just Fly to Just Fly, Get More to Get More and All In to All In only)
- Changes must be made to an equivalent departure time of the original flights
- Any extras purchased at the time of booking will be transferred, where available, free of charge to the new itinerary (i.e. Seat number cannot be guaranteed to be available on the new itinerary)
- Free of charge change can only be made by contacting Flybe’s call centre on 0371 700 2000 or at the airport (within the stated timescales)