Flybe is proud to support Cancer Research UK, the world’s leading charity dedicated to saving lives through research. The partnership was launched in October 2008 when Flybe unveiled a special plane to celebrate the new relationship and raise awareness of Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work.
Since then, Flybe has dedicated three months in every year where collections are made on all of its flights. Thanks to the generosity of our passengers these collections have generated over £600,000 to date, the total for 2015 standing at approximately £160,000 alone
In the 1970s, less than a quarter of people with cancer survived. But over the last 40 years, survival has doubled and today half will survive. All money raised by Flybe will help Cancer Research UK in its ambition to accelerate progress and see 3 in 4 people surviving the disease within the next 20 years.
ABOUT CANCER RESEARCH UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- Cancer Research UK’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Today, 2 in 4 people survive cancer. Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress so that 3 in 4 people will survive cancer within the next 20 years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 0300 123 1861 or visit www.cancerresearchuk.org. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook